Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Humanity's Secret Amid the Urban Landscape

It's rather amazing how you can find some of the fundamental truths of being human in the most unlikely of places. It's amazing how the shock of seeing something like that in such an unexpected place forces you to think about what was written. This is the position I find myself in at the moment.

More often than not, I wonder whether you exist somewhere in the world, and if we shall collide one day and embark upon some whirlwind romance where up becomes down and left becomes right. Of course I want to believe that this is true, but reason interrupts such thoughts of fancy before they even have a chance to take flight. Too often have I collapsed into an abyss of depression, thinking that perhaps I am not meant to have you. But surely I cannot be fated to tread the paths of Life alone?

Often, I also wonder if perhaps I have already met you, and whether we have crossed our life threads already. It causes me to think that perhaps I walk through the days blindly, that perhaps I have missed you, who have perhaps been there all along. But surely it would not take me so long to notice someone as incredible as you?

Maybe what I need from you right now is a sign that you are still out there somewhere, as alone and as lost as myself. Maybe you cry out to me in the same way I cry out to you, with this silent desperation. Maybe if we have met, all you need to do is slap me in the face to make me look at you for a second longer; that second longer could be all it takes for me to fall in love with you. Some bonds are meant to be made in a second and be unbreakable throughout lifetimes. This will be one of them, to be sure. All we must do is find one another.

I'm not ready to relinquish hope just yet. So please; I don't want either of us to end up among the ranks of the lonely. We deserve far better.

11 comments:

  1. It's been over a year since I posted this, but nothing's changed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder why is it so, that being a dreamer, you wish so badly for someone like you to appear and notice yourself, but it is like walking in the mist. We may just pass the person we are looking for by and never know they were just there. Things would be much easier if there was a way to attract such people and be attracted by themselves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Maybe everyone else so absorbed within their own reality that they don't notice us, the people who notice everything. I genuinely don't know. If I did, I might not be alone.

    Also, I found this quote, about ten minutes ago, which, while it doesn't answer the question you posed, is so relevant to this post as a whole that I feel obliged to share it:
    “I am one of the searchers. There are, I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we really content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power, its unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests and mountains„ deserts and hidden rivers, and the lonely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as is our laughter. To share our sadness with one we love is perhaps as great a joy as we can know - unless it be to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious only for life itself, for everything beautiful it can provide. Most of all we love and want to be loved. We want to live in a relationship that will not impede our wandering, nor prevent our search, nor lock us in prison walls; that will take us for what little we have to give. We do not want to prove ourselves to another or compete for love.”
    - James Kavanaugh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly. I totally agree with this quote, espescially with the last sentence. I don't want to prove anyone I'm worth being loved as much as
    I don't want to change for this reason. Instead, I'd prefer to find someone I could share my dreams, my appreciation of this world's beauty.
    To put it simple, we enjoy our independence but
    I hope it eventually won't lead us astray...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that whole last bit of the quote has a particular resonance. You're completely right, it's about trying to find someone who'll let us be ourselves, accepting that and letting us share it with them when we have to, but not pressuring us when we don't.
    I hope it doesn't lead us astray either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope we will both work out the way to find such such someone:) but I must admit that conversations like this one can be helpful somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will eventually :)
    Yeah? Helpful how? I mean, I'm not arguing, I'm just curious about how you mean that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean that if you talk to someone who share the same or at least similar outlook on particular issue, you can understand your situation better and you get some motivation to look at it in more positive way:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah yes. I completely agree. It makes it less hard knowing that you're not the only one who feels that way.

    ReplyDelete