Friday, August 27, 2010

Create a Microcosm

Will you come and bathe with me in the sunlight?

Will you lie on the grass with me and laugh at the shapes in the clouds?

Will you keep those moments forever, locked away in the place reserved for the fondest of memories?

We'll ride away one day, into the Great Beyond which is Life, and remember where we've been, and laugh together, and cry together; even the best of times will bring tears to our eyes one day, simply because we cherish them so much. Perhaps one day we'll forget them, but think not on that miserable future; keep the memories in this moment, because right now the memories are worth their weight in gold. Some day, those memories will be all we're worth. But not yet.

Let us take one day at a time, live in the moment, cherish it, take chances by the second. Only then can we say when we're old, in the far flung future, that we've lived a fulfilled life. For now, we'll create our own perfect microcosm.


Stop and consider! life is but a day;
A fragile dew-drop on its perilous way
From a tree’s summit; a poor Indian’s sleep
While his boat hastens to the monstrous steep
Of Montmorenci. Why so sad a moan?
Life is the rose’s hope while yet unblown;
The reading of an ever-changing tale;
The light uplifting of a maiden’s veil;
A pigeon tumbling in clear summer air;
A laughing school-boy, without grief or care,
Riding the springy branches of an elm. 

Sleep and Poetry, John Keats

7 comments:

  1. Oh my dear god. That creative will never cease to haunt me...ahhh

    p.s I thought something was different until I realised everything was all blue! Hahah, i love this blue :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I liked the images from the poem though, they're actually the best part of the whole poem, in my opinion (and yes, I have actually read "Sleep and Poetry" in its entirety).

    I got sick of the red, and blue is my favourite colour after all :)
    I think the red suited it more, but that's ok, I like the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah. Dear me, no. My creative was possibly the worst one yet!

    But, very clear and innocent images..
    I also like the blue :) more actually haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, well I didn't say my creative was good. I think it was terrible to be honest. Oh well. Let's not think about it :P

    Yeah, they are awesome images. I keep thinking of them as photos, which is how I came to write my creative in the exam.

    Haha really?
    Well I'm glad :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, yes indeed :) The best solution is to forget about it and push it out of your mind. Hahahahhaa

    Yeh, that's actually really cool! Mmmmm, I haven't written something in a while..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    And I will never forget.
    <3
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)
    You didn't have to answer the questions, I already knew the answers. Actions speak louder than words :)
    You might forget one day, but the point is, it doesn't matter, we don't have to worry about something so far in the future.

    ReplyDelete