Thursday, December 9, 2010

Parisian Romance

Amazing how I should feel a connection with you. However, I must say that it is impossible for me to not, especially after what you said. It seems you have a life of which I could only dream; I think sometimes that I am doomed to dream while you were allowed to live, if only for a fraction of the time, that life I would have liked. Perhaps not all of it. You had your troubles, many of which I would not have liked to tackle myself. But then came a breakthrough for you and you were introduced into the life of which you yourself dreamt.

Then, your Parisian marriage became a mistake, but worse, for you thought it would offer you what you wanted, an escape, an opportunity, but soon it became your cage. Yet your reasons behind it were ones I know and understand perfectly. My heart hurt as yours did, and I almost gasped at your words, struggling to fight back the urge to scream that I felt the same, that what you got was what I wanted. I don't want to spend my life alone. Perhaps the rest of the world doesn't understand the loneliness, but you do, that's why you married him, even though you knew you didn't love him. A mistake, but a romantic one which will leave you memories that you will never be able to forget. I can only say that I hope for the same. Only for me, it won't be a mistake.

"All of a sudden I'm by myself in a foreign country, and I meet this guy who says he loves me. He wants to take care of me. And one too many bottles of Chateaux Margaux and a view from the Eiffel Tower and why not?"

-Taylor Townsend
The OC 4.4

2 comments: