Friday, November 12, 2010

What Are You Thinking Of?

Sometimes I'd like to know what's on your mind. Occasionally you go silent, and disappear off the map for a while, and I wonder where you go to. It's interesting to speculate, but speculation never got anyone anywhere; all it brought was frustration. I'm not going to ask for answers, I won't even ask questions, for I respect you too much for that. Distance is something that we should afford one another. If it's something you want to say, you will come around to saying it when you are ready.

That doesn't stop me from wondering, and even sometimes wishing that I could penetrate the fortress of your mind, to see the cogs and wheels and gears turning, and indeed, what they are crunching between their teeth; what it is that keeps them turning for so long. I want to be able to help you when you lose yourself in your own world. I want to know why sometimes you lock yourself away from me; I miss you when you're gone. Mind reading would be a gift on occasions - sometimes it seems like the only way that I'll know what goes on in that head of yours.

And maybe then that tiny voice within me will stop its incessant question of, "are you thinking of me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment