Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dear Self

I'm starting to think that it's ok to be messed up, and confused, and basically having a life where up is down, and wrong is right. You may not be the person I always thought you were, and you may make me absolutely depressed sometimes, but then, there are also the times where you make me amazingly happy, because you're you, and no one can take that away.

We're in conflict quite often; I think one thing, you think the other, and we both pull and tug and tear at one another till one of us gives in. Sometimes this takes longer, sometimes just minutes, and even now, there are still a great many things we haven't resolved. We just need to take the time to sort it out. The clocks won't stop ticking until we've finished and sorted it, but that does not mean that we should stop trying, because the problem won't disappear only because we've decide to ignore it.

So though we may fight and disagree, we're in this together for the long run. And yes, despite all, I still love you.

Yes Self, you are the part of me immersed in shadow, and sin, and desire, but also hope, and light, and the fire to keep on fighting. You are the part that the rational side of me wishes away, and tries to censor and control, but you cannot be reckoned with, and emerge, strong, passionate and invulnerable at times, throwing life into chaos. But I wouldn't have it any other way. What I'm trying to say is, I love you, I accept you, and I think it's time you and I learnt how to work in harmony, so I embrace you.

No comments:

Post a Comment