Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Appearances of Reality

Don't ever think that things are always as they seem. There are too many things that govern any one event, too many facets to every situation. Too many corners to see what lies around all of them.

Parts of the picture may be obscured, for they don't want you to see everything. They don't want to be made vulnerable. They shed light only on what they think you should know, and leave the rest to darkness.

We are all victims of darkness.

The shadows don't burn as incandescent as I thought they should, don't scorch nearly enough as I thought they would. But perhaps this is the reality of pain: perhaps this is the numbness of the initial shock, those moments before the pain begins to shoot through you. Maybe the worst is yet to come.

I don't want this to be numbness, I want to feel it all. Only then can the reality exist, for till then, what have I to hold on to?

Maybe this is only the tip of the iceberg, and we haven't even begun to scratch the surface yet. I can only hope that below the turbulent waters, there lies a peace, an anchor, a whole other world. Perhaps I can sink to the depths, until the storm exhausts itself and the waters still themselves once more. Only then shall I surface and see the world with different eyes, having healed the hurt I am yet to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment