Saturday, April 2, 2011

Both Worlds

Sometimes I feel like I was meant for a life of summers and beauty, but was thrown into this place of eternal winters and loneliness. But then, I like the winter. I love the cold sky, a clearer blue than it is in summer, I love the warmth of fire, and the way your breath still comes out as mist. But there is not riding around on bicycles, there is always something missing, or not quite right. The beauty of winter is not the beauty of summer, it is not full of life, not full of singing birds and blooming flowers, of beautiful girls and dancing under the stars. And some of those things are the things which make life worthwhile. This is why the year was split in half. We can get the best of both worlds. So we'd better make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment