Thursday, February 16, 2012

Luminescence, Love, and Longing


Luminescence, a glow in a dark place. Isn't that what we all find so attractive, the light at the end of the tunnel? The curtains of light in the sky on a pitch black night?

Of course. But that is not all. It's the magic that it entails, the terrifying, yet soothing notion that there is something beyond, something bigger, something that can force us to sit down and appreciate; something akin to dreams coming true. It's like being in love. It's like catching your eye unexpectedly, and feeling the guilty pleasure spread from my chest to warm even the extremities of my body. It's like knowing that you're watching, and trying to be nonchalant and impressive all at once. It's like the anxiety of wondering whether any of it is working.

If I can fall in love with the stars from a distance, if I can fall in love with fireflies in a black forest, if I can fall in love with foreign sunsets, or in love with white rifts of lightning, then who's to say that there isn't a chance that you might fall in love with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment