Saturday, December 8, 2012

Another Soul to Carry on my Heart

The truth be told, I wasn't really falling in love with you; you didn't give me enough to fall in love with, except a beautiful smile and a quietness. The trouble is, I could fall in love with quietness and a beautiful, rare smile. But the rest, I have to admit, was all imagined. If people were personalities only, I couldn't pick you from the next stranger who passes me on the street, and it saddens me to admit it, but you and I perhaps have little in common. In another life, another situation, maybe I'd be brave enough to say something different, and you'd be brave enough to reply. For now, I'll acknowledge that this feeling isn't going away, but it's not one that's going anywhere else either. I'm going to let you roam the halls of my fictions instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment