Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Sin, My Soul


It seems there is no way of knowing what you want to know; to ask would be too forward, too against social propriety. To ask would be rude.

Leaps, leaps and bounds are what we ought to be taking. Leaps and bounds are exactly what we're too afraid of trying.

For the first time, I feel like I know what I want in my life. But I cannot; and in the absence of you, I have my tears, I have my sorrows, I have my wretched loneliness. I do not wander as lonely as a cloud, for clouds seem content in their loneliness. No; I wander as lonely as a fog, descending on the earth simply to be close to what it can never have. And the city which once used to ignite happiness within me, now only sparks more sorrow, as the buildings pierce through my skin, reminding me that they stand together, while I walk alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment